If a program deadline has passed, please contact the MPRD office regarding late registration. In some cases, we are able to accommodate those still wishing to participate. A $10 per person, per program late registration fee will apply. There are no pro-rating of program fees for late registration. MPRD reserves the right to waive late fees for programs that have not met the minimum number of participants required to operate the program. MPRD staff reserves the right to start a “wait list” at any point in time following a program deadline.A registration form must be filled out and submitted, without payment, to be placed on a wait list. When the registration is turned in, it is dated and time stamped. Players on the wait list will be used to fill team vacancies if and when they occur. Once teams are posted and league play has begun, placement off of the wait list is extremely rare. However, if a registered participant withdrawals from the program, the wait list will be considered. Players will be taken in date order off of the wait list and a $10.00 late fee will be accessed. There is no guarantee that a child will be accepted off the wait list. Register early to avoid disappointment. Registration is available 8-12 months in advance of any league program deadline. No exceptions to this policy will be made for late registrations.
The Mahomet Parks and Recreation Department is committed to offering Village residents a wide range of services and activities at the lowest overall cost. The Parks and Recreation Department receives a limited amount of tax dollars from the “Village of Mahomet” tax line item, on an annual basis to help administer, develop and maintain our park and play areas. Since the families that live within our corporate limits pay a “Village of Mahomet” tax to help our parks and recreation, the Village of Mahomet Board of Trustees implemented a Non-Resident Fee. The Non-Resident fee contributes to the funding of administration, parks and recreations programs, facilities and services on an equitable basis with residents that pay the Village of Mahomet Corporate tax.
Please read the information below carefully before filling out registration form:
* Programs will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
* All programs will have a minimum and a maximum enrollment. MPRD reserves the right to cancel or combine programs with low enrollment.
* All payments must be PAID-IN-FULL at time of registration.
* Registrations can be made online, by mail, or in person during regular office hours. There is an after hours drop box by the front door of the MPRD Office or the white drop box on the drive just east of the Village Admin. Building. They are available 24/7. Place in an envelope and write: Attention Parks & Rec. (Scholarships are available for volleyball, baseball/softball, soccer, flag football and basketball. Please see our Scholarship Policy on page 5 for additional information.)
* Mail in registrations with registration form and full payment made out to MPRD. Mail them to: Mahomet Parks & Recreation Department, PO Box 259, Mahomet, IL 61853
* Online registrations - there is a convenience fee of approx. 3% + 30¢ per transaction that our PayPal payment provider charges.
* Participants will not be allowed to “play-up” or “play down”. MPRD recognizes that children come in all sizes and skill levels, but it is our policy to always place participants on teams with children of their same grade.
* In most cases, Non-residents will pay an additional fee for each program for which they register.
* Waiting lists will be formed after a program is filled or deadline has past. There is a $10.00 late fee/participant accessed to those participants taken off the waiting list and have registered after the deadline date.
* If the program is full, your check will be returned to you and you will automatically be placed on a waiting list.
* We cannot accept telephone registrations for ANY Parks & Recreation activity.
* The Parks & Recreation Department works hard to schedule programs at your convenience, however, under extreme conditions reserves the right to change facilities, time, dates or instructors. We do our best to notify participants of changes in advance.
* If a Parks & Recreation program is scheduled at a school facility, school programs have priority.
* The Park & Recreation Department reserves the right to adjust any incorrect program fees that were due to printing errors.
* A $10.00 service charge will be assessed for any returned check and any future registrations will need to be paid in cash.
* Attendance in our programs is limited to registered participants only.
* Recreation programs are designed for specific age or grade groups. Participants must be the age or grade designated on the registration form. Birth certificates may be requested.
* For league programs, no outside scheduling or travel is allowed unless authorized by the department.
* The Village of Mahomet and the Parks & Recreation Department assumes no responsibility for personal injury or loss of personal property for anyone attending or participating in a Parks and Recreation Department sponsored event or activity.